Sunday, May 3, 2009

New Find-A-Legit-Locksmith site is up

Finally, the new http://www.find-a-legit-locksmith.com/ site is up. I needed a place to begin posting the lists of legally registered or licensed locksmiths and the blog was just not going to be able to handle it.

Did I say in a previous post that I would do this over the weekend? I forgot how graphically challenged I am. I needed grace, grace and more grace. Praise the Lord for templates! Even then it was tough going.

I did have some disappointments along the way gathering information. Most of the agencies have been forthcoming, but I am still waiting on a response from Miami-Dade. The only county in Florida that requires a locksmith license and there is no online access to check someone out before you call them. I was told to email them, which I did 10 days ago but as yet no response. Will follow up with a letter this week and if that doesn’t work I’ll download a sample letter from the Society of Professional Journalists and file a Freedom of Information letter. It’s been a while since I’ve written one of those – need to brush-up on the procedures. The last time I filed one I was trying to obtain information from ICE (US Immigration and Customs Enforcement). It was pre-9-11 and it took forever. I can imagine what it’s like now. Well, an FOI letter is a last resort. I think they are just busy, so I’ll keep plugging away on completing the other 60+ counties in Florida while I’m waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment